Wednesday, February 1, 2012

not your ordinary valentines

It's February! What better way to start off the month of hearts with a Valentines themed post. Predictable, I know but stay with me. 

The thing with a Valentines themed wedding is that it's too easy that it becomes complicated. It's too easy because Valentines is such a familiar concept. Everyone knows what it is. It is popular and universal. And it is also because of those very same reasons that it becomes complicated too. Tradition, coupled with pop culture has managed to create a template image of what Valentines supposedly is. It's so universal that when you ask anyone the first 3 things that comes to mind when they hear the word "Valentines", I would bet that at least 2 of those 3 things will include either the color red and hearts. This makes it very easy to get you stuck when thinking of ideas for a valentines themed anything. 

In that light, I have decided to create a challenge for myself. For the month of hearts, I shall do a series of posts dedicated to different variations of a Valentines themed wedding to hopefully help you veer away from the cookie cutter red and hearts version of Valentines day. 

So let me gather my valentines-y thoughts and I shall post my first stab at a Valentines themed wedding within the week.

Stay tuned!

No comments: