Monday, April 16, 2012

the Jolie-Pitts are finally engaged!

Recently, one of Hollywood's power couples finally got engaged. Yes folks, Brad Pitt proposed to Angelina Jolie. As to when they'll finally walk down the aisle, like everyone else, I have no idea. So for now, let us ogle at that rumored million dollar rock. 

Angelina Jolie's engagement ring
According to reports, Mr. Pitt apparently worked closely with jeweler Robert Procop for a year just to design the ring. The ring is unique in itself because it does not follow a standard cut for diamonds. According to the designer, they took a high quality piece of diamond and cut it in a specific way that would encircle Angelina's finger. 

I actually quite like the ring. I usually go for the more frilly things in general, but I like the structured look of this ring. It's not as sparkly an "blingly" looking as many celebrity e-rings out there but that's probably because of the cuts as emerald(-ish) cuts are usually not as sparkly looking as other cuts. But nevertheless, I like it. It looks so poised and elegant. Plus it suits her just right. 

I'm not usually a fan of Brangelina but congrats still. I'm sure I am not alone in looking forward to the actual wedding. 

1 comment:

pixiedust said...

Thank you for your kind words! Though I've been falling behind on updates recently, I try to bring across something I really enjoy and I'm glad you enjoy it too.